PROBIOTICS, PREBIOTICS AND SYNBIOTICS
Dr. Ravi Mani discusses probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics in relation to your gastrointestinal health.
Probiotics, prebiotics and the combination of both called synbiotics, can be used to restore the well-being of the bacterial population, known as the microbiome. It is important to keep the right mix of bacterial populations in the gastrointestinal tract.
Prebiotics are complex sugars that provide fuel for the bacteria in gastrointestinal system. The gastrointestinal tract is also known as the second brain because of the effects it has on the rest of the body.
Probiotics are effective in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, gas bloating, abdominal pain and chronic constipation.
It is recommended that you get a complete and comprehensive medical evaluation before using probiotics and prebiotics.
Locations | Maps
1015 Medical Center Blvd. Suite 1700
Webster, Texas 77598
Methodist St. John
2060 Space Park Drive
Nassau Bay, TX 77058
11920 Astoria Blvd.
Houston, TX 77089
10905 Memorial Herman Drive
Pearland, Texas 77584
Local Communities Serving Bay Area Gastroenterology
Alvin, Bacliff, Bay Area, Channelview, Clear Lake, Deer Park, Dickinson, Friendswood, Galena Park, Galveston, Houston, Kemah, La Marque, La Porte, League City, Manuel, Missouri City, Nassau Bay, Pasadena, Pearland, Santa Fe, Seabrook, Shoreacres, South East Houston, South Shore, Texas City, Webster
Se Habla Espanol
HAGA CLIC AQUI PARA ESPANOL
The physicians of Bay Area Gastroenterology are proud owners of an on site ASGE certified Endoscopy Center
Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Please contact Rick Rodriguez for more information, email@example.com
- Clinic Overview
- Endoscopy Center
- Virtual Colonoscopy and Imaging Center
- Colon Health
- Gastroenterologist Office Visit
- Blood in the stool
- Blood in the stool (en Español)
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Dolor Abdominal (en Español)
- Preventing Colorectal Cancer
- Holistic Gastroenterology
- Probiotics, Prebiotics, Synbiotics
- Celiac Disease - Gluten Intolerance
- Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Viral Hepatitis
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography
- Acid Reflux / GERD - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Barrett's Esophagus
- New Treatments - Hepatitis C
- Fatty Liver & Cirrhosis of Liver